The Olive Press, Issue 4, Spring 2017
Editors: Sequilla Arita, Ally Brown, Jennifer Burnside, Sara Horton, Madison McLamb.
From the Editors—
We are happy to share with you the fourth issue of The Olive Press.
As we read, we challenged ourselves to live into our values of courage, honesty, and respect. We read and discussed submissions, communicated with writers, checked facts, and edited work. We considered art and explored issues of design.
The stories, narratives and poems gathered here capture the thinking and creative imagination of the writers. The editors who have built these pages took part in the creative act as well, setting the type and adding images they hope add to the reading experience.
The act of writing asks that the writer bare something of his or her soul. Reading asks that we look inward as we consider and make sense of ideas. If it is true that literature and art teach us something about what it means to be human, we hope you find ideas here that both lift your spirit and challenge your perspective.
We hope the images and words shared here stir your thinking and your imagination.
Table of Contents: Alphabetical by last name
- Robert Beveridge: Perfume
- Michael Chin: Beyond The Waters
- Kate Cumiskey: The Saving Grace if Propeller Beanies
- Michelle DeLouise-Ashmore: Domesticity
- Angelo Giambra: I Like That
- Sara Horton: Goodbye Life
- Emma Johnson-Rivard: A Proposal
- Bob Kunzinger: The Floods of Amur
- Yvonne Higgins Leach: The Strange Behavior of Grief
- Danelle Lejeune: Concupiscence
- Brian Morrison: A History of Lines
- Clara Silverstein: Pacing Myself and Elegy for My Sister.
- Alaina Symanovich: Face Paint
Art Work Credits
2. Max Pixel
3. Mikel Cumiskey, Jr.
6. Drew Herron
9. E Solomonova
10. Ramon Casha
12. Stefano Corso
13. Magdzia S
Founding Editors: Caley Breese, Sara Horton, Ashley Jarman, Emily Shaw, Olivia Springer, Cameron Sutton, and Elvis Williams, Jr.